Wednesday, January 9, 2019

How the City Spoke Jan 8.

On our free day we took the opportunity to tour the Garden District. One location that we came across was The Rink shopping center. In there I found a piece of jewelry that not only spoke to how you should look at the various opportunities on the trip but in life as a whole. On the necklace there was a heart rhythm along with the saying “Live a little”. Although the necklace is small in size it has left a huge impact on my life in the short time that I have had it. Going into the medical field has opened my eyes and allowed me to witness the heartache that families endure. At my place of employment we always talk about living life to the fullest because you never know when it is going to come to a close. Prior to coming to New Orleans all of the traveling experiences that I had were with family who set everything up. They were the ones that navigated our way around the city we were in, this time it was a different story. This trip has taught me that I am able to go to a new city and navigate around safely. The same concepts are at the root of traveling out of state as they are when you do things back home. As long as you use common sense and listen to your instincts you can travel anywhere around the world. This trip has given me the excitement to try/experience new things. There is a huge world outside of central Illinois and I am ready to start checking locations off my bucket list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music (Inner Journey)

Instruments in The Cabildo Music is a staple in the culture down in New Orleans. Ever since the 1700’s when French settlers migrated d...